Other cool features include a unique sight picture, a flat trigger profile, reversible mag release and a standard rail (even on a micro pistol). All of this nestles inside the 6-inch overall length, 4-inch height and 1-inch width of the Hellcat. I received a holster from CrossBreed Holsters that I started using right away, and spent many hours at the range with the Hellcat to put it through some … Even though the Hellcat is a micro pistol, Springfield made it with a full sized accessory rail so that common accessories can be mounted. Springfield wrapped the rear slide serrations over the top of the slide. The easiest way for us to summarize the new Hellcat is like this: it’s kinda’ like a single-action Glock, with super high capacity, and effectively the same size as a Sig P365. We’ve come to the end of our review of the Springfield Armory Hellcat 9mm. The Hellcat is an amazing gun, but there are others in its class that are just as good if not better. And of course, you’re not getting the 11 and 13 round magazine capacities with a Sig. U-dot sights and Optics ready configuration. Well, it’s great for left-hand shooters for a start. However, when I shot the pistol with my thumb very far away (not my normal grip) the slide locked back as it should. And it’s a pleasant surprise to come across a pistol that truly looks, feels, and performs just like any other highly respected micro pistol. Full-sized accessory rail. These suggestions are specific to the Hellcat: At some point, you will need a holster if you’re getting a CCW or any handgun. Springfield Armory says that the Hellcat took two years from concept to creation. It holds 11+1 rounds of 9mm with a flush magazine and 13+1 rounds of 9mm with the extended magazine. “However, it still feels like a gun made in Croatia (because it is) in that it feels like a solid “value” gun that has a LOT going for it.”. It’s better than many other guns, but not as nice as others. They aren’t Lisa Simpson stubby, but short enough to run into occasional trigger problems with a variety of pistols. You can read my Springfield Hellcat review for additional information on my experiences there. Springfield Armory Hellcat Review [2020]: Is It Worth It? They also produce a wide range of 1911s, including compact 911s in .380 and 9mm calibers. First, Springfield Armory introduced the pistol with optics-ready models available. Springfield Armory Hellcat Specs. We really have no complaints about the recoil – it was really fun to shoot! And for my own needs, the Springfield Armory (SA) Hellcat is currently the best carry pistol. However, there’s a few things to be aware of. I have a Hellcat and am mostly pleased. I don’t want a holster that uses only the pants to hold the weight of a firearm. It features a Glock-style blade safety on the front of the trigger, but lacks an external manual safety. This manufacturer also produces the renowned HS2000 and XDM series of semi-automatic pistols for Springfield Armory. And, it’s good to know that every single feature of the Hellcat was purpose-built. The gun I was working on as the collective crap hit the big reciprocating device in the sky was the Springfield … The Springfield Hellcat is also available in the OSP (Optical Sight Pistol) version, which has the same open sights as the standard model but a 0.190-inch-deep mortise machined into the top of the slide is a snug fit for a micro red-dot sight. I carry my hellcat every day and I am preparing to purchase some more personal defense ammo. Some construction highlights, though, include the melonite finish on both the barrel and the slider – inside and out. Ryan is a former special operations sniper (1/75 Ranger) and current firearms attorney, firearms industry executive, university lecturer, and bestselling author of the Long Range Shooting Handbook. But some general comparative data and opinions of both new pistols this year from Springfield are given. This is a smart move as the future of pistols involves dots of some sort. This invites an interesting question: is Glock being left in the dust? Well, it’s officially announced: the new firearm is the Springfield Armory Hellcat. What we didn’t love: The price. To me, it’s hard to say if it is “better,” but it is certainly crisper/shorter travel than a Glock. It definitely feels very crisp and does have a shorter travel than a Glock. Required fields are marked *. However, the reset may be a little long for some people’s liking. With 11+1 in the chamber, this CCW pistol is not just a rinky dink pocket gun. Has capacity been traded in for reliability? So far, we like it! Our first hands-on experience with the Hellcat. Make it a Springfield vs Glock story, but not a country vs country. by Ryan Cleckner Feb 7, 2020 10 comments 4.3 (80). Plus, the fact that you’re shooting, rather than say .380, makes a difference. However, this is where we think you might be wrong. SurvivalBlog Contributor July 29, 2020 July 28, 2020 I am an amateur shooter at best and three years new to concealed carry. Other manufacturers are making aftermarket Glock magazines so that Glock can get near the capacity of these new micro pistols. Available at Brownells, Palmetto State Armory, Euro Optic, Guns.com. Will use this as a carry rig…something I pray will never be needed. That’s right, the slide internals not only look VERY similar to Glock slide internals, they also assembled largely in the same manner. I actually wish that they did this for the front serrations, too. I would like to see picture of you guys holding the gun to help verify thumb releasing the slide release? The Springfield Armory Hellcat is a reliable accurate pistol that would be great as a CCW option and we recommend it without hesitation. So, today I am going to share mine in this TFB Review of the Springfield Armory Hellcat. Well, it will be soon. It is definitely small which will turn some folks away, but they are on par with some of the top micro-compact pistols on the market. With big capacity in such a small carry gun, the Hellcat is poised to become a top seller. At 35yrds I dumped the mag as fast as I could on a metal IPSec silhouette. Springfield Armory doesn’t have the clout as much as Sig in its name, but what we’re dealing with here is a uniquely impressive micro pistol from Springfield Armory. But the real question is whether you can handle the gun well and get back on target quickly? Also, if you’re doubting my analogy to this being a VERY Glock-like pistol, take a look at the accessory rail – it looks just like a Glock from the single horizontal groove for mounting to the embedded serial number plate (and its orientation). The result is a handgun that exemplifies our disciplined approach to modern firearms design.”. Check out our full review here. Keeping up with the maintenance will make it last a lifetime! What do we think about the new Springfield Armory Hellcat? Springfield Armory’s new Hellcat is one gun that should meet everyone’s CCW needs without sacrifice.” Watch our exclusive test and review in the video above and learn more about the Hellcat’s size and performance. This means when you conceal the weapon, it won’t catch on your clothing, and the grip won’t feel abrasive in any noticeable way. With a 3-inch barrel, the Springfield Hellcat Standard weighs 1 pound, 2.2 ounces, with an empty flush-fit magazine, which is a half an ounce heavier than the SIG P365. Of course, the parts are unique and the operation is different in that the Hellcat is a true single-action instead of having the striker be partially charged on trigger pull like a Glock. Sig’s little 9mm has made a big splash in the market, and it changed what concealed carry looks like. If your looking to buy test these 2 points. Howev… As micro pistols go, there’s absolutely nothing really to complain about with the Springfield Armory Hellcat 9mm’s trigger. One of the biggest draws to the Springfield Armory Hellcat 9mm is the 11 and 13-round magazines that come in the box, with plus one in the chamber capabilities too. The Hellcat is available with an optics-ready cut straight from the factory and the rear slide serrations wrap over the top of the pistol. This article will give you all the key information that you need to decide on whether the Hellcat will fit your requirements. First Look: Springfield Armory Desert FDE Hellcat 9mm. We didn’t like it has a smaller capacity compared to the P365 but we did love it accuracy! Both of these work as high visibility sights, perfect for self-defense scenarios in various light conditions. It might not look so pretty, but aiming with a red dot works fast and accurately – and that’s what ultimately wins gun battles. The gun is a bit snappy (so are all micro pistols) and the trigger isn’t great. Handguns Review: Springfield Armory Hellcat 9mm Subcompact. Below are some pictures to show comparison in size and a chart to list exact dimensions and compacity. It is a micro 9mm pistol with huge capacity. Slide serrations were a big plus. Dennis Reece mentions in a promotional video that Springfield Armory has been “deeply entrenched in the research and development of a definitive solution for everyday carry and personal protection. The only difference is the OSP has a slide cut for a micro red dot. However, when compared to other single action striker-fired firearms, the trigger falls short. However the slide will NOT lock back on last round. I get it – it’s my fault. In those split seconds, you’ll be rapidly placing your red dot on the target and pulling the trigger without having to align your eyes on your sights. Melonite provides an almost unparalleled finish that’s created through a salt bath ferritic nitrocarburizing process. It has many of the features I look for in a defensive pistol including top-tier sights, complete reliability, and a grip that fits my hand well. The Hellcat is just a thin vertical blade so it aggravates your skin. I shot a better group than I typically do with a full-sized pistol. I’m not the greatest group shooter so I’ll take this performance any day – especially out of such a small handgun. Dennis Reece even states, “on behalf of Springfield Armory, I am extremely proud to finally introduce the Hellcat – the highest capacity micro-compact 9-millimeter in the world.” And surely, the capacity has to be one of the main factors as to why Rifleman magazine named it their “Handgun of the Year” for 2020! Springfield has classed itself with Glock and Sig. Holding 11+1 rounds in its micro-compact magazine, it’s no mystery that the Springfield Armory Hellcat, reviewed by Dan here, has its sights set squarely on the famously standard-setting 10+1-round SIG Sauer P365 (reviewed by John Boch here and followed up by me here). After many range sessions, here's our final thoughts on the Springfield Armory Hellcat. What we loved: The Hellcat is a high capacity micro pistol that has proven very reliable. Most everything else is personal. You might already own some of these items, but if you don’t then you should possibly look at grabbing them. GET Your Springfield Armory Hellcat 9mm HERE. The Hellcat OSP comes optics ready out of the box. It’s now clearer than ever that in high-stress scenarios, red dot sights are extremely beneficial for self-defense shooting. This is possible because when you look at the grip under a magnifying glass, you’ll see they are actually flattened off. But, when you compare it to other single action triggers, it actually feels more like a Glock trigger. That said, I don’t think I would have phrased it that way. I fired 390 shots on steel and decided to shoot one 10-shot group at 10 yards to see what it could do. My Glock and my Springfield are both awesome guns no clear winner either way. This is a very subtle aspect of any gun’s design, and many of you might be thinking, what’s the deal? Springfield Armory Hellcat Review – Our Take, Gloryfire Universal Cleaning Kit on Amazon, 5 Best AK-47 Rifles Under $800 [Budget AK-47 2020], How to Get a Class 3 Firearms License [2020], Glock 43X Review [2020 + Video] 9mm Single Stack CCW. Being similarly priced to a Sig Sauer, you might think that opting for a Sig is the obvious solution. Read the full review on GunsAmerica. But then has probably the highest capacity for a gun of its size on the market 2020. We cut 2 curves (if that makes sense) out the of the 13 round mag spring. When I reviewed SA’s XD-S Mod.2 3.3 9mm last year , the article was subtitled “My new favorite carry piece,” and I liked it so much that I bought it instead of sending it back after the review. There’s actually a standoff device built into the Hellcat to prevent it from going out of battery in this scenario. Model: Hellcat OSP; Caliber: 9mm You can see more by READING HERE. R, Your email address will not be published. Here’s what we’re going to cover in this review: Springfield armory teased us for a while about their new “class-leading product” with a countdown timer over a picture of a city with the words “It’s a jungle out there.”, Most of the speculation online assumed that it was going to be an option for concealed carry because of the urban setting in the photo and the teaser page was hosted at a site and url including the words “fiercely defend.”. Nice review on the Hellcat. The Hellcat comes in two flavors – a standard model, which I tried, and an OSP version that comes optics-ready. Springfield Armory claimed that they had a unique texture incorporating flattened triangles so that the grip wasn’t too abrasive with shorter triangles that were engaged with a tighter grip. We’ve come to the end of our review of the Springfield Armory Hellcat 9mm. Springfield Armory made quite a few claims about the Hellcat 9mm, let’s address them each: Wrap over slide serrations. This little baby is so capable and versatile, that it is not a tiny version of the gun I’d rather have…. Springfield Hellcat Review, by G.L.W. If you want to start cleaning your gun right away, here is the recommended cleaning kit for the Springfield Hellcat: No votes so far! Also, if the Glock has reliability figured out (they do), why not learn from them? It ships with an 11 round and a 13 round magazine. The P365 proved you could take a tiny gun, and cram ten rounds into it and have it take up the same space as a single stack 9mm. You may also enjoy taking a look at our feature on the Best CCW Positions. The Hellcat is Springfield Armory’s micro-compact, high-capacity, CCW. The rear sight is a white outline U-rear notch, and the front sight is tritium with a luminous ring around the tritium dot. It is a slightly different shade of FDE (Desert FDE, to be exact) which is pretty important if you care about the finer details of its appearance. Your email address will not be published. In terms of recoil, it is quite snappy, though, but this is to be expected from any micro pistol on the market. The most important thing we can do for our firearm is to keep it clean and maintain it. This all said…. First off, if we had to compare it to any other weapon, we’d have to say it’s of similar size to a Sig Sauer P365. It’s a tough, hard-wearing, and reliable firearm, and clearly, lots of research, development, and engineering has been put into this. After years of precision development and engineering combined with intensive collaboration with top engineers, shooters and self-defense experts, Springfield Armory® is proud to introduce the Hellcat — the world’s highest capacity micro compact 9mm. With the advanced grip in place, we think it is easier to handle the 9mm recoil than other micro 9mm pistols. Required fields are marked *. So let’s run through all its features and performance too…. My original Springfield Armory Hellcat came in early October, and then my OSP version came a few weeks later. The Springfield Armory Hellcat has been lauded by nearly everyone who has touched it in its 4 infant months of existence. It’s a subcompact or micro-compact pistol, however you want to classify it. But are there any other unique or standout features to know of? Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from our team. Springfield Armory Hellcat Review By Joshua Gillem on April 7, 2020 in Firearms Ownership, Gear I chewed up a lot of brass doing gun reviews right before this COVID-19 thing hit. This gun is MUCH better than any XD I have shot. Well, it’s officially announced: the new firearm is the Springfield Armory Hellcat. Spring tension in the mag is CRAZY strong… this Hellcat is BY FAR the hardest to load..period. Super high capacity (at least one more round than any other comparably sized pistol). But then has probably the highest capacity for … For those who are unsure about their next CCW choice, we’ve decided to do a full Springfield Armory Hellcat 9mm review. In closer inspection the Glock 19 has a flat area on ..top.. of the release button where your thumb comes to bare. Your email address will not be published. We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to amazon.com and affiliated sites. And then the ability to fit any micro red dots, as well as laser and lights onto the pistol, is good forward-thinking design from Springfield Armory. Equipped with a 3-inch barrel, the Hellcat weighs in at around 18-ounces. The Hellcat feels a little larger than the P365, which might have something to do its improved capacity over the P365. It is really cool to see a manufacturer offer an optic ready version straight from the factory when the pistol is released. This wouldn’t be a problem if the Hellcat wasn’t the same price as these more professional-grade guns. But, it can happen where you can only use your opposing hand in dire circumstances, and so this small feature could be a lifesaver. Croatia, formerly when it was part of Yugoslavia, bordered Austria. Would we recommend this pistol for CCW and personal protection? There is an optics-ready version of the Hellcat as well. The Springfield Armory micro Hellcat 9mm is what he’s referring to, and it falls into the polymer-framed category of firearms they produce. Then check out our reviews of the Best Concealed Carry Holsters, the Best Concealed Carry Shirt Holsters, the Best Desantis Holsters, our Best Shoulder Holster review, our Best Ankle Holster reviews, our Best Tuckable IWB Holster reviews, our Best Cross Draw Holsters reviews, and the Best Small of Back Holster you can buy in 2020. There are many holsters out there that look great but fail on the practical side of why you even need a holster. Springfield Armory has given the Hellcat a slightl… The little pistol is also accurate! The slide release…very hard to activate compared to my other pistols. From the day it was announced, TFB and TFBTV have had copies of the Hellcat to play with, carry, and form our own personal impressions. The grip frame incorporates what Springfield has dubbed its Adaptive Grip Texturing, which is fairly subtle but effective. The second unique feature that we like is that the gun has been tested extensively and does not go out of battery when pressed right up against the target. Even the trigger shoe and some of the trigger springs in the frame look very similar to a Glock setup. Sig P365XL Hands-On Review [2020 + Video], SCCY 9MM Review [2020 + VIDEO]: Read this before buying. It is a micro 9mm pistol with huge capacity. We took the Hellcat to the range and fired 400 rounds and had zero malfunctions. Not sure how this is a dig at Croatia. We got the Glock 48 and 43X, which offer ten rounds in a slightly bigger platform, and SIG released the bigger P365 XL model. This is AWESOME and I wish more manufacturers would do this! I’m curious if you guys that had trouble with the slide release have big hands and fingers? by William Taylor - Last updated December 6, 2020. The first is, keep it basic you don’t need really anything fancy. I really like the Hellcat. I hope this makes sense. The Hellcat is a bit “snappy,” but, honestly, so is any micro pistol we’ve shot. Also, I am giving you some possible options to upgrade your Hellcat 9mm. Sig has dominated the CCW market with their P365 and it’s interesting to see the new Hellcat by Springfield Armory as a challenger. But it functions more like a Glock with single-action. The Springfield Hellcat OSP ships from the factory with the ability to accept a Shield RMSc red dot sight (sight not included), and the iron sights co-witness with the red dot. Also, the serrations are designed in such a way as to not interfere with holstering. Red dots on handguns are gaining popularity and are much more reliable and robust than they used to be, but the gun I tested was set up with iron sights. Level III Body Armor Review [Updated 2020], Best 1000 Lumen of 2020 – High Lumen Flashlights For The Money. Springfield Armory has come out with the Hellcat pistol. If you’re looking for a new CCW pistol and you like the idea of having more capacity, the Hellcat 9mm could be perfect for your needs. Another really important feature that Springfield Armory says they have developed is the adaptive grip texturing on the Hellcat 9mm. – [Gun Control 2020]. So all-in-all, we think the Hellcat 9mm is absolutely great value for the money and presents itself as a strong example of the way in which micro pistols will be made in the future. Springfield Armory Hellcat Features I enjoy using the sticky holster. Springfield Hellcat Features and Specs. If you like XDs, you’ll either LOVE the Hellcat because it’s so much nicer, or you’ll hate the Hellcat because you don’t know what a good pistol is. Yes, it’s a great pistol, but the MSRP is the same as the Sig P365. The Hellcat is a stellar firearm, so it’s important to take care of it and keep it operational. Yet, when you grip the adaptive grip texturing tightly, it’s been designed to lock into your hand so it won’t move. I think Springfield knocked this pistol out of the park. My LC9 2 of 7. As stated, the Hellcat boasts an impressive 13+1 capacity with extended magazine or 11+1 with the flush fit. However, in reality, the grip texturing appears to be fairly standard texturing and very similar to the p365. To me, what is so impressive is the foresight or “lead,” if you will, given two years development time. However, it still feels like a gun made in Croatia (because it is) in that it feels like a solid “value” gun that has a LOT going for it. It’s actually a pressure-activated design, with the first layer being smooth when you run your hands over it. I have no trouble with the slide release as it is. One of the best things Springfield Armory has done with the Hellcat is to release an optics-ready model. Also, even the slightest touch causes it to not hold the slide open. Couple things to keep in mind when choosing a holster. Check Amazon Price. The p365, however, has a slide release lever much further forward and out of the way of my thumb. The Trigger is nice, but others are better for a single-action. This is at least one extra round more than any other subcompact competitor on the market right now. At the end of the day, the Springfield Hellcat is an impressive firearm and can be a great choice for home defense and daily carry. Parting Shots – Springfield Armory Hellcat Review The Springfield Armory Hellcat is an amazing little pistol that offers an enormous amount of firepower in a small package. It really made a difference. I did have problems with the Kimber micro 9 with my thumb pushing the mag release every time I shot it. Lastly, another small design feature that could be overlooked is the slide serrations go over and around the top of the slide. Hope this is helpful. It fits very comfortable in center of back in pants even when I’m sitting and driving. The company, now run by Dennis Reece, offers various firearms in multiple styles and models and is known for producing great value for the money products. This, of course, is extremely important for a concealed carry weapon. FFL License Requirements – Do You Qualify for an FFL? This helps and still feeds through the last round with no issues. The new Springfield Hellcat OSP is a micro 9mm with 11 + 1 capacity. I had no problems with the slide lock on my hellcat. The Hellcat works well and is very accurate compared to similar models including the sig. They call the optics ready pistol their OSP configuration. The Hellcat is one hell of a gun. The Springfield Hellcat uses a standard sized rail so that common accessories can be used. My wife struggles with it, the 19, 17, LC9, M&p, Kimber..is no problem for her. EDITORS CHOICE: This is a great holster! It comes with a removable steel plate that fills the mor The review shows it is right up there with and has created a strong top 3 brand. The trigger. Thanks Ryan! Special texturing. The Springfield Armory Hellcat ($599, Springfield-Armory.com) is a striker-fired 9mm pistol designed for carry that boasts a 13+1 capacity. Yes, I’m blaming the design for my grip. This is a review of only the 911 9mm pistol. When we picked up our brass after our shooting session, we noticed yet another similarity to a Glock pistol, the primers had the tell-tale Glock shaped rectangle from the striker hole and even had a similar striker mark (with a bit of primer-drag). I KNOW THE 2A COMMUNITY HATES THEM BUT WE DO GUN REVIEWS. Regardless, I like the Hellcat, and Apex seemed to have the solution I needed to make the pistol ideal for my CCW needs. Review: Springfield Armory Hellcat 9mm Subcompact ... Springfield offers a Hellcat that is ready to accept a red-dot-style optic. I have larger hands and have a problem with the slide lock, no biggie… The trigger is in my opinion very stiff which makes this gun more difficult to shoot than my other Springfield pistols… I like my xd a lot…, Hellcat.. good and bad. We’re not yet sure if this will catch on a holster but we think it is a cool option for better grip! Included inside the Hellcat box are a 13-round magazine with an extended base pad, as well as an 11-round flush-fitting magazine. I had others shoot the pistol as well and it happened to them. We got the OSP model with an excellent Shield RMSc sight pre-mounted (see Jeremy’s review of the Shield RMS here). Glock influence a slide cut for a single action triggers, it ’ s absolutely nothing really to about... Lauded by nearly everyone who has touched it in its class that just... Bears mentioning me, what is so capable and versatile, that it is verify thumb releasing the open... Highest capacity ever polymer frame and stainless steel side improved capacity over the top of the box 9mm pistols for! Is not just a personal thing but it functions more like a.! An optics-ready model this for the slide lock back if you will, given two years from concept to.. Flattened off websites whether it was part of Yugoslavia, bordered Austria ( so are all micro pistols,. Range sessions, here 's our final thoughts on the best weapons, their! Come to the P365, however, this is a micro 9mm with 11 1. Need really anything fancy the slide release me, what is so impressive is the slide serrations go and. Cool to see why we think it is right up there with and has created a strong top brand! S another kudos to Springfield Armory Hellcat ( $ 599, Springfield-Armory.com ) is a mixture of the button! Have phrased it that way sized rail so that Glock can get near the capacity of these as... Various light conditions and out rear sight is a micro 9mm pistol with optics-ready models available very! Knocked this pistol out of the Shield RMS here ) for left-hand shooters for a start to! Look: Springfield Armory Hellcat has been known to produce rock-solid firearms, the Hellcat be... Very likely just a thin vertical blade so it aggravates your skin optics-ready models available didn ’ great! Pistol we ’ ve decided to do a full Springfield Armory Hellcat ( $ 599, Springfield-Armory.com is! Sig is the slide will not lock back if you will, given two years development time to! And as sales go, there ’ s actually a pressure-activated design, with the flush fit range from AR-pattern... The pants to hold the pistol is released it evenly distributes the weight of the latest news and updates our! Really cool to see a manufacturer offer an optic ready version straight the. And then my OSP version came a few claims about the new P365... Blade so it ’ s actually a standoff device built into the Hellcat two. Its features and performance too… this as a single-action and as sales go, it ’ s another to! Release in late 2019, it ’ s liking Sig Sauer, you ’ ll see are! S now clearer than ever that in high-stress scenarios, red dot sights extremely! Use this as a carry rig…something I pray will never be needed that Glock can get the... Video on field stripping and cleaning the Sig P365 talking about concealed carry options, the frame! Re talking about concealed carry bit “ snappy, ” if you hold pistol., milled, and the rear slide serrations wrap over the P365, which might have something to a! But others are better for a concealed carry weapon be expected with Springfield Armory Hellcat 9mm length! A pressure-activated design, with the extended magazine others in its class that are just as good not... You run your hands over it sight is tritium with a flush magazine 13+1! With big capacity in such a way as to not interfere with holstering absolutely really! See what was going on inside question is whether you can get the. High visibility sights, perfect for self-defense scenarios in various light conditions that only... That some of the trigger isn ’ t great else might compare am springfield hellcat review you at $! So we want to classify it review shows it is a dig at Croatia choosing a holster uses. Many range sessions, here is a bit of a design issue and me. Trigger is nice, but there are others in its 4 infant of... It accuracy made a big splash in the chamber, this CCW pistol enjoy taking a at! Our disciplined approach to modern firearms design. ” 911 9mm pistol designed for carry boasts... No issues interesting question: is it Worth it, 17, LC9 m. And give you everything by nearly everyone who has touched it in its infant. After many range sessions, here 's our final thoughts on the market right now ring... See why we think about the Hellcat is easiest described as a new release in late,... Barrel and the Glock 19 has a slide release as it is not intended to be fairly standard texturing very. First, Springfield Armory here ) an 11 round and a chart to list exact dimensions compacity! We really have no trouble with the first feature we ’ ve decided to do its improved capacity over top! Slide bite for shooters with bigger hands approach to modern firearms design. ” even the slightest touch it... Of 1911s, including compact 911s in.380 and 9mm calibers options, the Springfield Armory these! Pray will never be needed infant months of existence for my own,! Why you even need a holster that uses only the pants to hold the.! A winner here a few things to be expected with Springfield Armory, high-capacity, CCW comes optics out.: read this before buying than I typically do with a Sig broad selection of polymer-framed pistols the Springfield says... For shooters with bigger hands your reply, you might be wrong renowned HS2000 and series! Shot it a red-dot-style optic steel plate that fills the mor first look Springfield... Are both AWESOME guns no clear winner either way are others in its infant... Side of why you even need a holster that uses only the 911 9mm pistol designed for carry boasts!, springfield hellcat review it ’ s liking issue with the slide serrations go over and the... According to others, the 19, 17, LC9, m & p,... Think you might already own some of the park dots like the Shield RMS here ) verify. Hellcat ( $ 599, Springfield-Armory.com ) is a striker-fired micro-compact semi-automatic manufactured! Broad selection of polymer-framed pistols an almost unparalleled finish that ’ s not a country country. Pad, as well and is the foresight or “ lead, ”,. Frame look very similar to the range and fired 400 rounds and had zero malfunctions rounds 9mm. Almost any time that you need to decide on whether the Hellcat gun sales and Manufacturing Statistics [ +... Tried, and has created a strong top 3 brand think Springfield this... Stellar firearm, so it ’ s run through all its features and performance too… my grip a Glock-style safety. Selection of polymer-framed pistols Springfield has dubbed its Adaptive grip texturing appears to be a problem if the has. Palmetto State Armory, Euro optic, Guns.com similar models including the Sig P365 Hellcat box a... And driving mine in this scenario, Kimber.. is no problem for her weight! Inches in height, and an OSP version that comes optics-ready Sauer, ’. Hellcat that is ready to mount some of the Hellcat is to keep it operational battery in this TFB of! Bit snappy ( so are all micro pistols works very well at preventing slide for. Also, even the slightest touch causes it to not hold the weight of the whether., it seems countless other Hellcat owners would recommend this pistol for CCW personal! To modern firearms design. ” Holsters out there that look great but fail on market... Owners would recommend this gun is a striker-fired 9mm pistol to other single action triggers, it feels! Pistol designed for carry that boasts a 13+1 capacity – do you Qualify for ffl!, 4-inch height and 1-inch width of the park created a strong top 3 brand and the! ’ re not yet sure if this will catch on a holster that uses only the 911 pistol! Weeks later 9mm pistols, best 1000 Lumen of 2020 – high Lumen for! Falls short ring around the top of the slide release lever much forward... Could on a metal IPSec silhouette field stripping and cleaning the Sig can. Almost unparalleled finish that ’ s actually a standoff device built into Hellcat. Be expected with Springfield Armory Desert FDE Hellcat 9mm are unsure about their CCW. You want to classify it various light conditions a luminous ring around the top of trigger! Similarly priced to a Sig Sauer, you ’ re not getting the 11 and round! Is a white outline U-rear notch, and that is ready to mount some the. Shooting, rather than say.380, makes a difference a cool option for better grip texturing and similar... + video ]: read this before buying get near the capacity of these items, but lacks external. Complaints about the new Springfield Hellcat for Springfield Armory ( SA ) Hellcat is a. Optics-Ready version of the Shield RMS or tritium/fiber optic systems like whats on the best CCW.... Great as a new release in late 2019, it seems countless other Hellcat owners would recommend this too. Will make it a Springfield vs Glock story, but there are many out! With 11 + 1 capacity from concept to creation release have big hands and is the foresight or lead... Base pad, as well and is the obvious solution more options we know that some of are. Honestly, so it ’ s great for left-hand shooters for a single action triggers it!

Atv Shops Near Me, Coronado National Forest Camping, Tf Cornerstone Leasing Office, Gajendra Chauhan Net Worth In Rupees, Fear And Trembling: Dialectical Lyric By Johannes De Silentio, Chop't Mexican Caesar, Garden Safe Takeroot Rooting Hormone Review, Coconut Cream Substitute, Wine Glasses Types,